Economy & Jobs
As American families and small businesses continue to struggle in our current economy, I am committed to pro-growth solutions that will help get the American people back to work. Last Congress, my Republican colleagues and I in the House put forth a plan to help get Americans back to work. The House Republican Plan detailed below built on the GOP Pledge to America, our governing agenda focused on job creation and economic growth.
In the previous 112th Congress, House Republicans passed 40 bills from our plan to address our economic challenges, foster innovation and investment, and help job creators without raising taxes on working families and small business owners.
Our plan for America's Job Creators would:
Empower Small Business Owners and Reduce Regulatory Burdens
- Require congressional review and approval of any government regulations that have a significant impact on the economy or burden small businesses.
- Audit existing and pending regulations to identify and address those that hinder economic growth.
Fix the Tax Code to Help Job Creators
- Increase American competitiveness to spur investment and create more American jobs by streamlining the tax code and lowering the tax rate for businesses and individuals including small business owners to no more than 25 percent.
- Reform the tax code to allow American businesses to bring back their overseas profits without having to pay a tax penalty so they can invest in our economy and create American jobs.
Increase Competitiveness for American Manufacturers
- Continue to open new markets to American made products.
Encourage Entrepreneurship and Growth
- Re-Authorize and improve federal programs and approval processes to streamline development of new products.
- Remove barriers to building a first class workforce so that the United States can compete in the global marketplace and lead the way in technological development and growth.
Maximize Domestic Energy Production to Ensure an Energy Policy for the 21st Century
- Promote lower energy prices through increased domestic production.
- Encourage all forms of energy production.
Pay Down America’s Unsustainable Debt Burden and Start Living Within our Means
- Build upon the FY 2013 House Republicans’ Budget by enacting significant spending cuts.