Internal Revenue Service
Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
Where can I get IRS forms and publications?
- The official source of IRS forms and publications are easily accessible on the IRS website. You can access this page by clicking here. If you need a prior year form or cannot locate a product on the link above, you can call 1-800-829-3676 to place an order. Due to the growth of e-filing and the IRS efforts to reduce costs, individual and business taxpayers no longer receive paper tax income tax packages in the mail from the IRS.
I need face-to-face tax help. Is there an IRS office in Dallas?
The Dallas office of the IRS is located at:
1100 Commerce Street, Room 121
Dallas, Texas 75242
Office hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
To see a full listing of the services offered at this office, please click here.
My identity was stolen. What should I do?
- If you believe your identity was stolen, you need to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. The FTC’s website details the steps you should take if you are a victim of identity theft.
I am a victim of identity theft and they used my Social Security number to file a fraudulent tax return. How do I notify the IRS that this is not my return?
- If your identity was stolen, first you need to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. To address the issues on your tax account, you can contact the Taxpayer Advocate Service (TAS) to inform them about the fraudulent return and request assistance in getting your tax account corrected. In order to request assistance from TAS, you will need to fill out Form 911. The contact information for the Dallas TAS office is:
1114 Commerce Street
Dallas, Texas 75242
Tel: (214) 413-6500
Fax: (214) 413-6594
- If you are experiencing other problems with the IRS and attempted to resolve your problem through normal IRS channels, but need additional assistance, you may also contact the Taxpayer Advocate Service.
I filed my tax return, but haven’t received my refund. Where can I find out the status of my refund?
- You can check the status of your refund by visiting the IRS website and utilizing the “Where’s My Refund?” tool. Please note that you must give the IRS sufficient time to process your return after you file. You can use this tool if it has been 72 hours after you e-filed or 4 weeks after you mailed your paper return.